IT Pinoy’s 2009 Review and 2010 Predictions
to start off, listed here are some of the memorable tech events of the past year as well as some tech predictions for 2010.
- 2009 started with a sad note, the global recession led to many companies closing (or retrenching) and a large number of IT Pinoys weren’t spared by this.
- US. President Obama’s inauguration posted online was moving and captured the world’s attention. technology was one of the best tools he used during his campaign
- who would forget when Microsoft’s Bill Gates opened a jar of mosquitos on a TED conference
- Philippine Poll automation was signed, a lot of issues arose and things are still shaping up all the way to the May elections
- Conflicker virus threatened to have infected around 10M users around the world and the GhostNet (the cyber espionage network) was revealed
- the world wide web (www) turns 20! while the Internet turns 40, Bing/Wolfram Alpha (the next google killer?), Google Wave, and iPhone 3GS were born!
- Philippines acts on privacy law, got more serious with software piracy, approves the Anti Cyber-Boso Bill (Anti-Voyeurism Bill) triggered by Doctor Hayden Kho’s sex scandals, finally GSIS planned to sue IBM over failing system.
- the netbooks kept the fledgling PC market afloat
- Philippine’s boxing camp, Manny Pacquiao wins over Hatton and Cotto – both seen via p2p and live stream!
- cybercriminals rode with the death of Michael Jackson, Cory Aquino and the Typhoon Ondoy victims
- Facebook gets into location and payments
- Live Video Goes Mainstream and Becomes Immensely Profitable
- Emergence of Web 3.0
- Home Servers Make It Home
- Cloud Computing
my own predictions:
- with the coming Philippine National elections, bloggers and all the technology we have right now will be a big tool to ensure a truthful and safe elections. we all bloggers are urged to be vigilant and write all the events this coming May.
- Cloud Computing will be made known to the IT Pinoys,
- Google Chrome OS will be another option,
- and everyone riding on the Google Wave!
IT PINOY is one with the rest of the blogworld looking forward to a better 2010!!!!
*2010 was a 1984 sci-fi movie, more @ celluloidheroreviews.com