Steve Job’s Thoughts on Flash
Apple’s Steve Jobs finally broke his silence and jotted six reasons why Apple has decided not to support Adobe Flash on its major products – iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch.
1. Adobe’s Flash products are 100% proprietary – not open.
2. Adobe claims that Apple devices cannot access 75% of the “the full web” due to Flash, which isn’t true as Apple’s devices can read more modern formats.
3. Apple questions Adobe’s reliability, security and performance.
4. almost all flash websites are still not supporting H.264, thus requires older generation decoder that is not supported by mobile chips.
5. Flash was designed for PCs using mice, not for touch screens using fingers.
6. lastly Steve claims that Flash has major technical drawbacks and doesn’t support touch based devices.
let’s see how this shapes up!
read more [apple.com]